Picking the best zero to 5k plan can be daunting, here we outline what a good structured plan does and why we think ours is the best.
When you first decide to run everyone says – do Couch To 5K, so naturally you go on the app store and you are met with a bewildering array of running apps and apps designed with just this purpose, some even have famous athletes and celebrities talking you through it.
It is easy to pick one of these, but first ask yourself the following questions.
- Is the plan any good ?
- Once I have finished the plan will it help me continue ?
- Is it free or paid ? , does it have adverts that will interrupt my experience ?
- Will it record my run and give me data analysis so I can see how I am improving ?
- Does it integrate with the social media applications I use so I can post for motivation ?
If the app you are looking at can’t provide you all these features and offer a way to progress once you have completed this first step of your running journey then we would say they are not the best solution.
The Pace To Race difference ! – so let’s answer those questions from the perspective of Pace To Race and what we offer to runners just starting out.
- Is the plan any good ? – Our plan adheres to the SAFE principals of running plans, it is progressive plan made up of run & walk cycles that has been proven over the years to be the most effective way to start running.
- Once I have finished the plan will it help me continue ? – Our app has full training plan generation built in along with a 5k-10k plan based on the same principals so no matter what your next goal is, we have you covered.
- Is it free or paid ? , does it have adverts that will interrupt my experience ? – The 0-5k training plan is totally free in our app.
- Will it record my run and give me data analysis so I can see how I am improving ? – We are not just some standalone app telling you when to run and walk, we are a fully fledged running app with a virtual coach & pacer built in. All your runs are fully recorded and full data analysis of how you did on each section, splits , graphs and more.
- Does it integrate with the social media applications I use so I can post for motivation ? – Our app can automatically share your runs to Strava, TrainAsONE & SmashRun and our share image feature generates the perfect imagery for Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
So what are you waiting for? – download the app today and start your journey on the road to becoming a runner.